Senior Data Analyst (m/f/d)
Type of position:
Years of experience:
Paris or full remote
About the company
Our client is a leading B2B Big Data and Business Intelligence software-as-a-service company operating in the new e-commerce reality: Marketplaces.
Our client's mission is to help brands and retailers thrive on Amazon and other Marketplaces with their Search Engine Marketing, Market Intelligence, and Business Analytics software that assists them in growing their sales and improving their margins.
Every day, their technology collects and analyses trillions of data points on products, search queries, brands, sellers, sales, and advertising efforts. This trove of uniquely blended data can be leveraged to give customers unparalleled business insights.
About the role
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Data Analyst to join their Tech team. They need someone to bring clarity and meaning to their data. improve their data pipeline architecture & performances. Someone who will be able to build the most impactful dashboards for our team and clients. They expect autonomy, strong communication skills & capacity to help them scale in terms of data best practices. This open position comes at a particularly exciting time when they are accelerating their efforts and building their core organization.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- Create insightful dashboards and presentations, business or product-oriented. Be in a support role for any dashboard design task in the team.
- Understand the "meaning" of their data, the e-commerce, and the marketing business. Also, have insights into how data points interact with each other. Be a naming master.
- Build complex SQL queries and bring your Excel/Spreadsheet knowledge. Be able to understand and model complex systems. Basically, bring light and clarity everywhere.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Engineering or Data
- A solid experience as a Data Analyst
- Good knowledge and experience in dashboarding
- Near-perfect SQL skills
- Ability to popularize things and adapt your speech to the audience
- Experience in Excel/Spreadsheet
- Good understanding of the data generated from e-commerce marketplaces and their meaning/usefulness
- You know how to name things, bring clarity to data, and have a good aesthetic sense.
- Ability to link data to their "real-life" meaning
- Fluent in English
- Autonomous and self-organized
- Healthy Passion: Keep up-to-date on advances in the field
- Ability to rapidly identify opportunities for improvement and provide creative solutions
- Comfortable with peer-working, reviews, etc.
- Agile problem solving: Understand the question behind the question and break down the problem into smaller, more easily solvable pieces
- Self-Starting Motivation: Experiment and explore; take risks, but stay persistent while facing roadblocks
- Hustle: you’re fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means making mistakes along the way
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, and results-driven person
- Empathic with customers & team pains